Sunday, May 18, 2008

Southwest Soaring Museum, New Mexico

Friday, 16 May 2008

Yesterday, driving westward from Tecumseh, Oklahoma, Mike & I visited an entertainment museum - the Roger Miller Museum - located in Erick, Oklahoma. Today we had the opportunity to visit a soaring museum - located on Route 66, on the east side of Moriarty, New Mexico.

We were not allowed to take pictures at the Roger Miller Museum. Today, I am allowed to take as many pictures as I wanted to, of anything in the Southwest Soaring Museum.

I didn't know I am interested in planes until today, amazed by the different kinds of sailplanes and gliders.

From the outside, it looked like a big warehouse




First plane I saw entering the museum was this "Little Bird 1". I guess it is built for any little child to feel what it is like in a glider!

The collection of gliders


The oldest glider in the collection: Northrup Primary Glider (built 1929)



2nd oldest glider in the collection: Franklin P-S-2 Glider (built 1930)


Hang Glider


This is an interesting piece: Benson B-8 Modified Gyro Glider


A model of what the place would look like in future.

N.B. What I also enjoyed also on this visit is playing with Duffy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to a visit next month (august 2008