Friday, August 3, 2007

Anaheim - Knott's Berry Farm

Monday, 30 July 2007

I thought we were going to see real berries at a farm and the process of them being turned into jam. I would like that very much. Nevertheless I like the visit today even though I didn't get to pick any berries. I like the Cowboy and Indian setting of the theme park.

This particular 'farm' that we visited have the same name and claimed as the first America's Theme Park. I think I enjoyed this park more than the Disneyland Park that Mike and I went 2 days ago.

The Grand Entrance


Greeting visitors was a statue of a couple dancing and rotating at the centre above a bucket, squ the belly juices oozing downwards?


I liked the cowboy environment in the "Ghost Town".








Going on the train ride on the "Calico Railroad"




Beware of the 'robbers'




The above actor was also performing at the Calico Courthouse Square




There was a 'shoot out' on the street of the 'Ghost Town'


Catch the performance on the 'Calico Saloon Stage'


An Old School house


and the "school's Principal" waiting for his students to arrive


"Indian Trials" - Mike pointed to where his anceestors were from


A House made of bottles


This is the most enjoyable part of the visit for me - watching Snoopy and his ice skating friends performing at Charles M. Schulz Theatre. It was just superb! The costumes were colorful. The music was lovely.


Another open-air entertainment - the Wild West Stunt Show!


Would be interesting to sit in the stationary wagons and watch the show from there.


Last but not least, visting with our 2 friendly stationary friends!

No comments: