Sunday, November 4, 2007

Oakman to Quartzsite

Sunday, 4 November 2007

The GPS got us out from Oakman on the Route 66 to Highway 95. Mike said I must take a shot of the road sign. I learnt that it was one of the original federal routes and was the longest highway in US, linking Chicago to Los Angeles.



The GPS guided us on the Highway 95 leading to the Lake Havasu resorts along the Colorado river. In July, I was attracted to the site but we were travelling so fast and so was not prepared to take any pictures. Hoping to stop there on our way home from Needles, but the GPS led us on the highway 95, on the California side, as our destination was Yuma.

On this late afternoon the resort didn't look that attractive to me anymore. Maybe because this time there were no activities, no boats, no people on the Colorado river. It was very quiet.

Anyway, I think the Colorado river is a unique sight. It looked clear.





And the mountains - they are special too!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the donkeys in Otman. It looks like a fun place to visit.
PM