Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day in Yuma

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Frances asked me if I would like to join her for St. Patrick's Day luncheon, organised by a group called Helping Hands. One thing she forgot to tell me is to wear green. She forgot herself too as this was her first experience with St. Patrick's Day as well.

There were already a lot of people in the hall when we arrived so we sat outside, which we like better because it was not as packed.



The tables were decorated with green this and green that. Majority of the people were dressed in green too.





We were served with a plate of corned beef, boiled cabbage, soda bread, potato, baby carrots, baby tomatoes & celery. I didn't even know that piece of juicy looking beef was corned beef. I was told at the table that it was beef but no mention of corned beef. Since I don't care for beef, I gave my piece away!!!!! What I regretted was if I knew it was a classical Irish dish I would have taken a picture of it. I only learnt that when Mike asked me what I had for lunch. Well!!!

For dessert, we have the choice of a chocolate, vanilla, tapioca pudding with a piece of cookie.


We have a four-legged guest at lunch and its name sounded like Panchita. Panchita's master's grandparents were migrants from Ireland.



And for the 1st time I received an electronic St. Patrick's Day card, even though I have no Irish blood in me. Thanks, Kent.

No comments: